Wednesday 1 May 2013

Manaos II - The Juma Reserve

Welcome to the jungle! On the southeast of Manaus (and after crossing the Amazon river) the Juma Reserve shows a good perspective of what wild life can offer in this country. The lodge, placed by the Juma river, had a lovely view of the primary rainforest.


During three days I could see several types of animals including river dolphins, monkeys, sloths, spiders and, as you can imagine, many mosquitos.


I did even try to fish some piranhas. They bit but I couldn't catch them. In any case I could try them and they are tasty but rather small.



Among all the animals there were plenty of birds, caimans (as can be seen in the picture) and the always lovely tarantula (I know my mom will love this one).




I finish with the sunrise in the jungle before everything wakes up. I enjoyed very much the life in the rivers but I feel like the Atlantic Ocean is calling me back.


PS: I couldn't resist to add the video with the sounds of the howler monkeys we met. Enjoy.



2 comments:

  1. jajajaja ahora si que estas negro!! y no ese colorucho de simpson q t hemos conocio estos años d atras... jajaja tienes cara de estar pasandolo fatal... no llores tanto joni!!! :P un besazo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yo ya te avisé. Ese color amarillo de Madrid o de Grenoble no era el mío. Si yo soy negro... Lo paso bien pero también me acuerdo de ustedes de vez en cuando. Un abrazo fuerte y saludos para todos.

      Delete