Friday 19 April 2013

Santa Elena de Uairén I - Paují

For those of you a bit worried about the political situation here in Venezuela I can only say that I have come way to close to the border to know how are things going in Caracas. Brazil is only a few kilometers away. I am in Santa Elena de Uairén and this place has a lot to offer.


To start with I made a trip to Paují (2 hours away from the town crossing the Venezuelian rainforest). Once there a small hike uphill to "El Abismo" from where the Brazilian rainforest can be comtemplated.


We also visited some of the famous waterfalls in the region. However, and due to the weather conditions, the water comes down a bit brownish. We had a bath anyway.


To finish with the long day a portrait of the "Tepuyes" of which I might talk about later. 


No comments:

Post a Comment